expr:class'"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, November 15, 2010

DC SCORES student profiles: Aiyana P. and Maria V., Raymond Education Campus

Aiyana P., 6th Grade (left)

Raymond Education Campus

Years in DC SCORES: 3

Why did you join DC SCORES?

“I decided to join DC SCORES because I like soccer and it’s good to have a good education. I feel that DC SCORES is a family tradition in that we’re a team and we work together and we’re like a family.”

What is your favorite part of DC SCORES?

“My favorite part of being in DC SCORES has to be the poetry part. I love writing and poetry’s just my thing.”

Favorite sports team: “My favorite would have to be (the) Spain (soccer team)”

Favorite singer: “Beyonce. I think she’s creative and she dances, she sings and singing is poetry because you’re writing and you’re rhyming.”

.....

Maria V., 6th Grade (right)

Raymond Education Campus

Years in DC SCORES: 3

Why did you join DC SCORES?

“When I got into soccer, I started knowing that I know how to play, so then I joined the team with DC SCORES. Then I realized that it’s all about teamwork. You have to work with other people and do your best.”

What is your favorite part of DC SCORES?

“Soccer, because through soccer we get to practice, we get to learn new skills about soccer, you can even become a soccer player when you grow up and make goals.”

Favorite sports team: “I like Barcelona and my favorite player is (Lionel) Messi!”

Favorite singer: “All of them are good and I can’t decide!”

No comments:

Post a Comment