expr:class'"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, June 20, 2013

As program expansion continues, DC SCORES adds seven new Board of Director members

This June, we are excited to add seven new members to our Board of Directors. As many of our supporters and fans may know, DC SCORES is in the midst of an aggressive growth plan that is pushing us to think more efficiently and creatively about program reach, quality, and evaluation. Additionally, growth takes an increased investment of time, strategy, money, and effort of multiple stakeholders.

This board expansion and these board members, specifically, will enable us to continue to grow in smart, sustainable, and creative ways. Combined with our existing invested board members, DC SCORES is poised to become an anchor youth-serving organization for thousands of students in the District.


Meet the new board members below. You can view the full DC SCORES Board of Directors list on our website.
Mr. Barton Bishop

Chief Clinical Officer, Sport and Spine Rehab

I'm excited to be joining the board of DC SCORES because … “I love their mission. The idea of helping kids to experience and have access to the arts, athletics, and academics that they never would have had is quite an awesome idea and something of which I am honored to be a part. If I can do something to just help one more kid live a full and enriched life, then I will consider my time a success.”

DC SCORES in a word: “Innovative.”

Twitter handle: @drbartonb

----------------------------------------

Mr. Anthony Brown
Vice President, Human Resources, Clark Construction Group, LLC

I am excited to be joining the board of DC SCORES because ... “Of my belief in the dynamics of a team and what can be achieved by working together.”
DC SCORES in a word: “Powerful.”


----------------------------------------

Ms. Kelly Dragelin
Assistant Chief Accountant, Division of Enforcement, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission

I'm excited to be joining the board of DC SCORES because ... “It is life-changing for so many children.”

DC SCORES in a word: “Committed.”


----------------------------------------

Mr. Paul Jackson
Principal, JCG Incorporated

I'm excited to be joining the board of DC SCORES because … “Neither education, sport nor the arts -- critical building blocks of growing up -- should be a luxury to our youth. Athletics were an important part of my childhood, from playing baseball and tennis to learning to scuba dive and rock climb. I played a lot of sports, some well, some not so much, but at least I had the opportunities. It was the same with the arts, where I played the piano and saxophone through my college years. I learned so many life lessons along the way. I can only imagine how different my childhood and young adulthood would have been if I hadn't had these opportunities. So I'm humbled to join DC SCORES to help promote learning and well-being in our community."

DC SCORES in a word: “Commitment.”


Twitter handle: @pajacksonusa

----------------------------------------

Ms. Karen Lovitch
Leader, Health Law Practice, Mintz Levin

I'm excited to be joining the board of DC SCORES because … “it gives me the opportunity to contribute to an organization that is improving the lives of children in the District, where I have lived and worked for over 20 years.”

DC SCORES in a word: “Life-changing.”


----------------------------------------

Ms. Jodi Moraru
Owner of EVOKE

I'm excited to be joining the board of DC SCORES because ... “These kids are incredible and should have every opportunity they can for a bright and healthy future.”

DC SCORES in a word: “Passionate.”


Twitter handle: @jodimoraru

----------------------------------------

Mr. Jack Reagan

I am excited to be joining the board of DC SCORES because ... “They bring together two activities that are very important to me:  literacy and soccer.  Both are a means of reaching our youth and having a positive impact on their development, and I hope that I can contribute to such a powerful cause.”
DC SCORES in a word: “INNOVATIVE.”

LinkedIn profile

Twitter handle: @jehbreagan

No comments:

Post a Comment