Yes, the 11th Annual DC SCORES Cup tournament -- the largest charity soccer event in the DMV -- is just over two months away and will feature more than 25 companies and firms competing on the soccer field, building teamwork, and networking with other soccer enthusiasts.
It's a can't-miss event for companies interested in soccer and charity, and spots are filling quickly.
Eight spots remain in the projected field of 32 teams. If you or your company is interested in participating, visit the SCORES Cup website or email tournament organizer Jake Lloyd.
What makes the SCORES Cup stand out?
Well, there are a handful of reasons:
- Roughly 90 percent of proceeds from the tournament directly benefit the more than 1,450 low-income DC youth our after-school program serves.
- In a group format, every team is guaranteed at least five games. Players of all levels participate in the tournament, which is about much more than just winning.
- Your company gains exposure to DC SCORES' large online social network, which reaches around 50,000 people each. We highlight the tournament participants and their impactful charity work.
- The tournament, participants have said, is a successful team-building experience for employees -- a chance to escape the audience and really get to know each other.
- Enjoy tournament giveaways including T-shirts, discounted D.C. United and Washington Spirit tickets, and more -- and play for the chance to win the huge SCORES Cup trophy and be honored during halftime of a D.C. United game.